A Bus Stop Can Be Creative. Even in Orlando.


This bus stop is fully functional, clean and decent. And someone with the city or wherever picked this did a real good job. Its built, it looks like a place I might sit.

But its about as creative as a left hand turn. To me, and from what I've seen online over the past few years, a bus stop is a thing you can get really creative with. This is not being done with this particular bus stop. It looks like it was bought from a bus stop catalogue. But I am sure there's a good reason for this.

Maybe the person who's job it is to make the bus stop selection have to keep costs down and just go for the least expensive model. But looking at this bus stop, with all its metal and cement and stuff, I bet this cost a lot. Anyone know for sure? Anyone know where to find how much this bus stop cost?

Maybe the person thinks Orlando locals don't care what bus stops look like. And how would they know? We don't vote on them, there aren't bus stop creativity surveys and I haven't ventured into City Hall to ask who I can voice my opinion to. Yet.

Anyways, just something to think about the next time you see a bus stop.

TheDailyCity.com on Facebook TheDailyCity.com on Pinterest TheDailyCity.com on twitter TheDailyCity.com on Instagram