Cinderella at Dr Phillips Center

By Mark Baratelli
Free Ticket Taker
The Daily City

Dr Phillips offered me a couple tickets to opening night Cinderella, so me and the boo are going. He loves theater and Broadway shows and all that glittery glamoury show-show stuff.

Me? I like a case of beer and a soft wet couch.

I wish Nene Leakes were still in this show like she was on Broadway for a hot second. But, whoever is playing the role of Queen, I am sure they will be there. On stage. Sigh.

I can't fit into my dress clothes anymore so I will be in shorts and a baseball hat. It's what I wear to Broadway shows when I go to New York every 10 years. No once cares there (I tell myself). If it's good enough for Broadway...

I sometimes ask myself the purpose of theatre. It's like vacations, massages and yoga classes: they relax me and make me smile, but as soon as I walk into work the next day, all of that goes away and I am back to the bitter overweight turd skulking through the office wishing everyone wasn't so darn talented everywhere in the universe.

Am I alone in wishing that a broadway show would take me into it's arms, rescue me from myself and make me happy for the rest of my life? I'd even take one of the morals or lessons from a Broadway show sticking with me.

See you there?